How We’re Addressing COVID-19
Temporary Closure Announcement: We have temporarily stopped conducting sleep tests and have cancelled all testing appointments through April 6. We will reschedule patients soon.
Having a sleep study can be an important step towards better health, and sleep apnea, one of the most common types of sleep disorder, is correlated with significant health conditions including heart disease, hypertension, stroke and diabetes. A sleep study however is not an emergency service and we encourage caution in the current environment, particularly for individuals who may be at greater risk for COVID-19 including older people and people with severe chronic health conditions, such as heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes. If you have questions about the potential risks of COVID-19 or whether to postpone your sleep study, please consult your physician.
Please reschedule your appointment if you have had any of the following symptoms in the past 2 weeks: Runny nose, headache, cough, sputum production, fever, or chest/lung pain or if you have traveled outside the United States in the past 2 weeks. If these conditions do not apply to you and you are ready to move forward with your study, we would be happy to schedule your appointment and complete your study. If you would like to postpone or reschedule your study, we do ask that you give us at least 48 hours notice.
Patient care – your care and safety — is our top priority. As a health care provider, we strive at all times to provide a clean, safe environment for our patients and staff. We have policies and procedures in place as standard practice designed to minimize risk. In addition to these “universal precautions” we have reviewed the latest guidelines to combat the COVID-19 virus. All together these steps include but are not limited to:
- Staff training. The patient care staff at Advanced Sleep Medicine Services are credentialed and highly trained professionals. Our team has extensive training in creating and maintaining a safe and clean environment for the provision of care as well as ensuring that all equipment and supplies are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to patient use. Training includes hand washing, the use of gloves and many other steps taken to reduce risks.
- Private rooms. Each patient has his or her own private room. You will not be sharing a room with any other patient. The technicians work in a separate room and monitor the sleep study remotely. The technician may need to enter the room to adjust equipment.
- Clean locations. We utilize a professional housekeeping service with all rooms cleaned after each patient use including sanitizing high touch surfaces.
- Fresh, clean linen. We utilize a professional linen service and provide freshly laundered linen including sheets, pillow cases and duvet cover for each patient.
- Patient screening. We screen patients for travel outside the United States and for any symptoms of a cold, flu or similar condition. We advise patients that have recently traveled outside the United States or have any symptoms of a cold, flu or similar condition to schedule their test for at least 2 weeks after the travel or the end of the symptoms.
- Equipment sanitization. We have specific, detailed policies and procedures for cleaning all medical equipment. The information is based on the manufacturer’s instructions for each piece of equipment and generally includes the use of high level disinfecting agents.
Physicians order sleep studies and related services as a step towards improving your health. Diagnosing and treating sleep apnea can help reduce the risk of correlated health conditions such as heart disease, stroke, hypertension and diabetes.
We schedule technicians for each patient visit, and if you hold an appointment it means another patient is not able to schedule for that appointment slot. If you choose to delay or cancel your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible, at least 48 hours in advance, so that we can minimize disruption for our technicians and other patients. You can contact us via our online scheduler https://www.sleepdr.com/for-patients/schedule-or-review-an-appointment/ or by calling (877) 775-3377.